K0s in Production

Hi Everyone,

I was trying out the K0s in Non-prod and home lab, and I found it fulfilled my requirements for day 2 operations. It is simple to not only provision but also upgrade, backup, and restore. I am currently managing Kubernetes clusters in production, which have been provisioned using Kubespray. Each cluster contains more than 25 worker nodes. Kubespray is too slow and tedious when compared to K0sctl. So I am thinking about proposing to start using K0s in production. However, there are some concerns. Most of the blog posts were recommending it for small-scale, non-prod, edge, and home lab only. No one is sharing their experiences of K0s in production. So, if you are using it in production, I would like to hear about your experiences, the workload you are running, and how K0s performs.

I came across this blog post and it is drawing me back. It specifies that K0s is a lightweight distribution that is not suitable for large-scale deployments. I am curious why Kubernetes outperforms, despite the fact that K0s is 100% upstream Kubernetes.

Thanks