Lens Desktop Login error please try again later

Hello All,

Could someone help me with the lens desktop activation as i have lens personal subscription but when i try to activate the lens desktop it gave me error " Login error please try again later".
Also it redirect me to the browser (Chrome) and then back to Lens desktop and gave above error message after that it went into the loop for 3 or 4 time and give error.

Hello panwadx,

Thank you for reaching out to Lens support!

Could you check this allowlist, maybe some ports are closed for you, please?
IP Allowlist - Lens Documentation

We are waiting for your reply.

Best Regards,
Tikhon Kudinov
Lens Support Engineer
Mirantis, Inc

Hello Tikhon Kudinov,

Everytime a new port has been assigned to the lens desktop and always got login error, please try again later. All my colleague has been using the lens desktop without any issue but only me getting this error. I cleared the cache, browser history everything restarted the pc but still same issue. When i tried on my personnel laptop it works perfectly fine. But on work pc its not working.

Hello panwadx,

Thank you for the information!

What version of Lens do you use? If it’s not the latest one, could you download it and try to log in again, please?

Best Regards,
Tikhon Kudinov
Lens Support Engineer
Mirantis, Inc

Hello Tikhon Kudinov,

I am using the latest version (Lens+Setup+2024.3.271133-latest.exe) of lens and i have downloaded the same from the link provided by the lens ID itself. Also i have uninstall install the lens desktop 2 3 times as well but not success.
Please help

Hello panwadx,

Could you try to login again and after that provide us with the logs, please?
To do it you can click “Export support logs”, this button will appear when you click on the support button at the bottom of Lens.

You can paste the logs here as a text or you can send it to our email address support@k8slens.dev

Best Regards,
Tikhon Kudinov
Lens Support Engineer
Mirantis, Inc

Hello Tikhon Kudinov,

Thank you for your reply as i see the support option is disabled for me. Is there any alternate way to check like anywhere it log the error or something. Because i am unable to see any error logs

Hello panwadx,

You can try to extract logs from the “Help” section → “Extract support logs”.

Best Regards,
Tikhon Kudinov
Lens Support Engineer
Mirantis, Inc

Hello Tikhon,

I dont find any help section…support is disabled and i am not sure why this is happening. This is a very frequent issue which is happening with the lens desktop and so many user are facing the same issue but unfortunately the lens support is not able to provide any support or doc to resolve this.

I even engaged my IT team to look into the issue but they also unable to resolve the issue.

Hi! I have similar error.
Before installation i registered account “Lens personal”.
Details:
Installed version: Lens Setup 2024.4.230844-latest
Browser: Chrome & Edge (I tried both browsers).

1. I launched the application using the desktop icon.
  2. Activation Lens Desktop window appears.
  3. Default browser with auth form launched.
  4. I unputed correct login and password (I can’t add two images).
  5. Browser sent info into application.
  6. App showed error message.

Hello,

Could you try to first log into Lens ID portal and after successfully logging in click on “Lens Desktop”. It should redirect you to the Lens Desktop with your credentials.

Best Regards,
Tikhon Kudinov
Lens Support Engineer
Mirantis, Inc

Hi,

It seems that proxy settings are not passed properly to service component that is doing the login on Lens Desktop and that’s why Lens is not able to request the auth server. We will try to reproduce this and fix this issue as soon as possible.

1 Like