Unable to activate lens personal subscription

I have created lens ID and subscribed to free lens Desktop Personal. When I tried to open lens desktop , it is unable to activate lens desktop and throwing error. Attached screenshot

1 Like

Are you able to login here: Lens ID?
Did you use the latest installer from https://k8slens.dev/?

I’ve just installed it and facing the same thing.

Hi guys,
How to get offline activate code for this version?
The offline activate code is disable now.
Please help me.
Thank you so much!

I’m able to login to https://k8slens.dev/, but unable to activate Lens desktop with personal subscription @jehrismann

Hello,

thanks for being a Lens User!
As per our documentation the offline activation is a feature of Lens Pro only:

Get started with Lens Pro here: Lens Store - Lens Desktop Pro

Let me know if you have any further questions!
Best Regards,
Mario

impossible to activate on multiple browsers

Screenshot 2023-08-24 at 14.43.38

Hey @sanghamitra.konduri,

Could you tell us a little more about your environment? Are you running on Windows, Mac, Linux. If Windows are you connecting to a terminal session or just on you local laptop?

Kindly,
The Lens Team

Hey @3h4x,

Same question can you tell us a little more about your environment? Are you running on Windows, Mac, Linux. If Windows are you connecting to a terminal session or just on you local laptop?

Also, I would like to understand what you mean by multiple browsers. Are you saying that online activation works from some like Chrome but does not work for others like Safari or Firefox? Help me understand which broswers are not working.

Kindly,
The Lens Team

Hello,

I’ve the same issue, impossible to activate with the same message to activate Lens ID online.
My environment is windows, my lens version is 2023.8.291046-latest. My browser is Edge.

But nevertheless I can log in on the website with edge, so i don’t understand this message.

May you help me please ?

zolfir

Hey there,

Which version of Edge are you using? Have you tried the online activation with any other browsers?

Kindly,
The Lens Team

Apologies for late reply, I am using windows. And unsure of the question terminal or local laptop. But I’m trying to use account on my laptop provided by my organization. (All my other colleagues were able to use it). It didnt work through any browser.

Hello, ma edge’s version is this one : Version 116.0.1938.76 (Version officielle) (64 bits).
It didn’t work through any browser. I’ve create a new account and it was the same thing.

In the same boat, I just get a 500 error when I go to activate a personal free license.

1 Like

Same here. How to get Lends Desktop personal version? On the store is only pro.

1 Like

The same issue.
I installed desktop version for MacOS and could not activate also. I got , that activation code only for PRO version, but what about not business version?

Today, https://store.k8slens.dev/products/lens-desktop-personal dies with status 500

I hope it’s transient, lest Lens really becomes paid only…

3 Likes

Where is the personal version? Clicking on “Choose subscription” opens the pro version

2 Likes

For anyone else having this issue; here is the solution. GitHub - MuhammedKalkan/OpenLens: OpenLens Binary Build Repository . It works just like the Personal edition. Hope this help

Is there any update regarding the issue or how to fix the issue as I am facing the exact login error issue with the lens desktop