Version Lens: 2023.8.291046-latest - shell on pod not working

Hey there,

I have upgraded to the latest community LENS and getting the below error when trying to access the shell on one of our pods:

exec kubectl exec -i -t -n default web-ui-6bfdfcd996-4hqhs -c web-ui – sh -c “clear; (bash || ash || sh)”

/Users/tanyamineva/Library/Application Support/Lens/binaries/kubectl/1.20.15/kubectl: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `<’

/Users/tanyamineva/Library/Application Support/Lens/binaries/kubectl/1.20.15/kubectl: line 1: `<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>NoSuchKeyThe specified key does not exist.

No such object: kubernetes-release/release/v1.20.15/bin/darwin/arm64/kubectl

Terminal will auto-close in 15 seconds …

Could you please advise on how to address this?

Thanks,
Tanya

Same, Can we rollback to the old version?

Can you tell me what operating system and architecture (e.g. arm64 or amd64) are you using?

chip: Apple M2 Pro

Thank you!

Can you try deleting the folder “/Users/tanyamineva/Library/Application Support/Lens/binaries/kubectl” and trying again? It should download the kubectl binary again. It seems an incorrect file was downloaded (for some reason). We’re still trying to reproduce the issue.

Is anyone having the issue using Lens from the China region? We have a different download mirror there.

Thank you!
I have uninstalled Lens, and when installed the latest version, the same issue was observed.
I have just deleted the Kubectl folder, as you suggested, and reopened Lens but still the issue persists.

Is there a way to get an older version of Lens?

Just wanted to share that upon the latest update 2023.9.290703-latest the issue got resolved for me.

Thank you!

I got the same issue when update to Lens: 2023.9.290703-latest Extension API: 6.22.5 on Mac OS intel