Lens hangs connecting to a cluster

Lens hangs every time I try to open a specific cluster. I can connect to the cluster fine using kubectl and have previously been able to connect to this cluster.

I believe the issue is because the previously selected view for this cluster is viewing pods for all namespaces and this particular cluster has hundreds of namespaces each with many pods.

Can I clear the cache so I can change the default view for this cluster? Does Lens have a limit on the cluster size it supports?

This is what I see in the console when I click this cluster:

telemetry extension activated
BrowserConsole.js:41 [PREFERENCES-STORE]: LOADING ...
BrowserConsole.js:41 [PREFERENCES-STORE]: LOADED from C:\Users\chandler.kent\AppData\Roaming\Lens\extension-store\telemetry-lens-extension\preferences-store.json
BrowserConsole.js:41 [SUPPORT-EXTENSION] cluster frame activated
BrowserConsole.js:41 [LENS-SPACES-EXTENSION]: 5/30/2023, 2:19:45 PM Lens Spaces Extension activated
BrowserConsole.js:41 [KUBE-API] watch (namespace-1) started /api/v1/namespaces?watch=1&resourceVersion=436261087
BrowserConsole.js:41 [LENS-SECURITY] activated
BrowserConsole.js:41 [EXTENSION]: enabled @lensapp/cli-lens-extension@0.16.1
BrowserConsole.js:41 [EXTENSION]: enabled @lensapp/cloud-provider-sync-extension@0.2.0
BrowserConsole.js:41 [EXTENSION]: enabled @lensapp/kube-object-event-status@6.2.0
BrowserConsole.js:41 [EXTENSION]: enabled @lensapp/lens-desktop-kube-lens-extension@0.26.2
BrowserConsole.js:41 [EXTENSION]: enabled @lensapp/lens-license-extension@0.14.0
BrowserConsole.js:41 [EXTENSION]: enabled @lensapp/lens-metrics-cluster-feature@6.5.0
BrowserConsole.js:41 [EXTENSION]: enabled @lensapp/lens-node-menu@6.2.0
BrowserConsole.js:41 [EXTENSION]: enabled @lensapp/lens-pod-menu@6.2.0
BrowserConsole.js:41 [EXTENSION]: enabled @lensapp/lenscloud-lens-extension@1.31.3
BrowserConsole.js:41 [EXTENSION]: enabled @lensapp/oci-image-lens-extension@0.28.0
BrowserConsole.js:41 [EXTENSION]: enabled @lensapp/support-lens-extension@0.11.0
BrowserConsole.js:41 [EXTENSION]: enabled @lensapp/survey-lens-extension@0.6.0
BrowserConsole.js:41 [EXTENSION]: enabled @lensapp/telemetry-lens-extension@0.8.0
BrowserConsole.js:41 [EXTENSION]: enabled @lensapp/tour-lens-extension@1.7.0
BrowserConsole.js:41 [KUBE-API] watch (node-1) started /api/v1/nodes?watch=1&resourceVersion=436261087
BrowserConsole.js:41 [KUBE-API] watch (customresourcedefinition-1) started /apis/apiextensions.k8s.io/v1/customresourcedefinitions?watch=1&resourceVersion=436261095

So maybe not a particular view but just can’t load all the nodes or the cluster state?

This will probably be fixed with the next Lens update (not sure exactly when, likely this week).

1 Like

We’ll post the Patch release notes here once it’s ready! :smiley:

1 Like