Dear Lens User,
As a valued customer, we are writing to let you know that Mirantis is updating its Lens Terms of Service. While many of the changes are minor, we are also introducing new terms to better explain how we use data to communicate with you and expand on how the services we provide remain secure and are not abused or misused. We apologize for any inconvenience our prior communications may have caused.
The new Lens Terms of Service will become effective October 16, 2023.
Here’s a brief overview to help you understand the key changes, which we made to add some transparency and help make our terms easier to understand.
We’ve updated our Terms of Service, including the Lens Cloud Terms, to better explain how we use data to communicate with you and expand on how we the services we provide remain secure and are not abused or misused.
- Changed our obligations to you so we can not change prices on you in the middle of a term.
- Made clearer that the Lens Terms of Service only covers the Lens Software and not any other Mirantis products or services.
- Clarifies your obligations to be responsible for the security of your passwords and that you are responsible for your acts or omissions regarding your use of the Lens Software
- Provides details on how Mirantis and its affiliates can store and use certain provided information. It emphasizes the user’s responsibility and liability about disclosing personal data, getting relevant consents for the data you enter, if any.
- Provides more information on how to opt out of promotional emails and communications.
- Requests that you provide us with accurate contact and billing information and allows Mirantis to recover costs of collection.
- Added pandemics to the list of Force Majeure events.
- Provides for mandatory binding arbitration with customers who are not located in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, European Union or European Economic Area.
- Lens Desktop Software Additional Terms: Explains how, if we believe that you are not Tier Eligible, we may contact the responsible party and share information as needed to enforce our licensing terms as Mirantis has a legitimate interest in enforcing our contractual terms and fighting fraud and misuse.
- Lens Cloud Services Additional Terms: Modified the additional terms to include our newly released offering Lens AppIQ. In addition, include information on how we process your data.
We hope this information is helpful in understanding the changes to our Lens Terms of Service. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to our support with any further questions, concerns, or feedback.